Great deal on an older S6 WSK

Great deal!
Went quick looks like it
I feel like the G1 WSKs will be the future SSPs
Once Weber makes enough gens to lower the price and/or quality, the G1s will have been the most well made, especially with that now almost extinct diffuser plate

Great deal!
Went quick looks like it
I feel like the G1 WSKs will be the future SSPs
Once Weber makes enough gens to lower the price and/or quality, the G1s will have been the most well made, especially with that now almost extinct diffuser plate
IMO, the old diffuser plate is a nothing burger. that is has wings? double insulated? not having the OG diffuser has not affected my cooking results. curious as to why you see a difference....? seeking to learn, not to create a flame war.

IMO, the old diffuser plate is a nothing burger. that is has wings? double insulated? not having the OG diffuser has not affected my cooking results. curious as to why you see a difference....? seeking to learn, not to create a flame war.
I personally don't think it's a big deal and I didn't say there was a difference :). I just see and read what people think about it over the 2nd gen WSK and it's "inferior" diffuser plate.

It's same with the SSP. there's a perceived idea that the SSP is the best Performer ever, yet it's too short for tall people, has the old lid bail and ash sweep system and the 5lb tank can be a pita for many. Now all those things can be changed on the SSP if you want to go that far.

I actually use the 2nd gen diffuser on my 1st gen and my 1st gen one is in the bottom holder haha. I bought the 2nd gen one as I hate the hinges (flops around) and never have a need to add charcoal. However the diffuser IS better made, thicker and double wall insulated.
Also the solid shelf and the charcoal bin may be preferred by some as well.

"Seeking to learn" haha ya right. By the looks of it around here from what ive seen over the years, is that you're the WSK go to know it all. So I guess flame war it was! *wink*

Back