Getting Old & my weekend.

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
I had a not-so-interesting weekend but :)

So 6-8 weeks ago one of my cousins tore the tendon that holds the bicep to the bone......he went to the dr, they said baby it etc. He fell off a ladder not long after and tore it clean off a couple weeks later & had surgery right then. (this cousin, he was a little like my younger brother coming up.....we even shared a room.....3 of us for a bit). He tends to come over once a week when he can get away & we have a few drinks & play chess or tennis or skateboard around like a couple old farts.

Friday night I went out of town to help a friend pick up a vehicle (I can be a bit of a yes man), had a couple adventures, got back late last night.... while we were out there another cousin I grew up with (different family) started texting me about an injury. He was playing with his kids but there was a mishap that included a wall and the ground, & he tore BOTH arm tricep tendons clean off the bones. He's an actual iron man, got me back into dirtbikes as an adult, as well as skiing & mtn biking.

I was a little irritated with him from 2 weeks earlier- he gave me a lot of chances to practice passing him on singletrack & I got him at least a few times. He took a few cheap shots but I figured I'd be nice 'cause I need riding buddies, I like him, and if I get into racing ----well he at least likes me where as I'm just a random to everyone else. I was telling my friends I was going to use him for traction next time instead of just showing him a wheel :)

....then I found out he got hurt.

So I expressed sympathy, offered help (told him I'd install a bidet but wouldn't help him wipe :) ) And then I sent him this video:

:)

I heard what my other cuz told him (gave his # & told him to call- the one who'd already had surgery told him he passed out when they took off his cast----& this kid has a serious tolerance for pain). I told him the one who was already hurt is a baby & :(

Anyway, I was tired and a touch hungover, late night etc, but the weather was unusually warm and windy which usually means a snow storm is blowing in. I figured I'd fix the 4x4 on my truck...... I also had a boneless breast (boned & netted breast) that needed to be cooked so I grilled it. My phone was being used as the radio (pandora - de la soul & white stripes channels), I was greasy & dirty & racing the sun. I got the job done,,, a couple more things to check (F150 4x4 is a little different). I should be just about ready for the winter though!

12227793_10205290165875579_810473371825250226_n.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a pic I took on 11/11 of the cuz with the fresh surgery on his bicep (is it the left one?????). I ran down to their candy shop to help strip a table of caramel...... I ate more than a half pound of (chocolate covered) cashew, roasted almond, coconut chew (almond joy), chocolate/mints...

12239578_10205273311814238_3780472266912484800_n.jpg

He was wearing a 90 degree strap-on brace when he came over after we finished this table. I posted the pic on fb, his sis put up a comment......i had to reiterate that I helped. This kid (39 yo :) ) is strong............he weighs maybe 170-180#, me & another friend were lifting several months ago (I'm the weakest by far) & he put up >270# 2-3 times on the bench, almost like it was nothing.

Last edited:

Back