Getting a pitmaster iq 110

john barnes jr

I plan on getting a pitmaster iq 110 because of the positive reviews I have found and the price. I plan to use it for many low and slow cooks I will let you all know how it turns out on a brisket soon. Owner of wsm 18.5 & soon to come 22.5.

I just purchased the Auber SYL 1613, I waited for it to be on sale and I got it for 125 with shipping, I believe they perform the same way as does the Stoker and Guru just not as facny and as $$$. The fan is and housing are very sturdy, made of metal, I thought it was plastic, its was better then expected. I haven't used it yet but I did do a boiling water and freezing water test and it was accurate. I hope to use it in the next 6 weeks. Just my 02. cents.

Richard, can you post the site where you bought your Auber SYL 1613 from. I can only find them for about 145.00 plus shipping.

Originally posted by Tom-F:
Richard, can you post the site where you bought your Auber SYL 1613 from. I can only find them for about 145.00 plus shipping.

If you re-read Richards post he waited for it to be on sale. Maybe keep an eye on Auber's site.
Auber Instruments

oh yea, welcome to the site
icon_wink.gif

Yes, I waited for it to be on sale. I checked every couple of days. It was on sale around Christmas last year for the same price of $125 with the shipping and I missed it. I called Suyi at Auber and he told me that they go on sale from time to time. For the last sale they ran the cutoff as advertised on their website I believe was 3/14/11. It was no longer advertised but if you checked the coupon code it ran until 3/18/11. Below is the link to check the coupon, the coupon code is 1613SYS20%OFF

http://www.auberins.com/index....49bfb90d653366d7540c

You always have the option of buying the controller that comes with the power plug, k-type thermocouple and plug that you would hook up to a fan. It's $94.50, you can buy a fan online for less then $10 and build a housing for the fan as shown in the link below, the housing is very similar to the Auber housing with the exception that a dog bowl is used to attach the fan to the smoker. Here is the link: http://www.neverstopsmoking.com/wsmcon.php

here is another link for another housing that I found.
http://picasaweb.google.com/st...mobile/SmokerBlower#

I was getting ready to build the temperature control but when I saw it on sale I decided to buy it. I have several links saved with diagrams if you would like I can send them to you if you are interested in building it. I can't vouch for them but they appear to be consistent with the diagram on the Auber website.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info Rich. I caught the pitmaster iq110 on sale for 119.00+ shipping ( 132.00 total). Ordered one last Thursday night. Hope I'll be happy with it-

I went back and forth between the Auber and the iq110. I know Auber is well known in the coffee world for espresso and for a lot of other industrial applications. I do not know what the iq110 history or track record is. But the reviews so far appear to be good. I also think it looks a little awkward. I like that the Auber looks similar to a stoker or guru unit. At the end of the day you can go with either unit and I think your fine. Good luck with your iq110, post your review and picks!

Rich, I'm still waiting to receive my pit master iq110. Seems they are having trouble obtaining necessary components from Japan due to the tsunami. They informed me that they hope to ship at the end of next week. Figured I'll hang in there and give them a chance seeing they are a small USA company. Also having second thoughts, maybe I should have went with the Auber SYL 1613. I'll keep you guys informed when I receive the product.

Brinkmann Smoke & Go
Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
Broil Master In ground post-Gasser

I'm smoking a butt right now, I have the Auber hooked up and its sitting pretty at 250. I love this, I can go to sleep and not worry about looking at it until 2pm tomorrow, I put her on at 10pm, she is almost 8.8#. Good luck with the iq110.

Back