Genesis wood work table

Doug Selman

TVWBB Super Fan
I have a '92-'94 Red Genesis 2000 that I had replaced the wood work shelves with the Grey Durawood ones. My next door neighbor has the same vintage Genny 1000 so I let him have my old wood ones. After seeing all the restored wood shelves on here I decided I liked them better the Durawoods. Sooo... I ended up trading back for my original wood shelves and Handle, and I'm going to refinish/replace the wood slats on them. So, after all that, my question is does anyone know what type of wood it was that Weber used for the old work shelves? I saw a link that Chad Bman posted to the WKC site to a thread where he made some out of Redwood that look beautiful. I am thinking Redwood or Cedar if I need to replace them. Any and all thoughts/advice welcome.

PS: I think I see a full restoral coming..;)

I have a '92-'94 Red Genesis 2000 that I had replaced the wood work shelves with the Grey Durawood ones. My next door neighbor has the same vintage Genny 1000 so I let him have my old wood ones. After seeing all the restored wood shelves on here I decided I liked them better the Durawoods. Sooo... I ended up trading back for my original wood shelves and Handle, and I'm going to refinish/replace the wood slats on them. So, after all that, my question is does anyone know what type of wood it was that Weber used for the old work shelves? I saw a link that Chad Bman posted to the WKC site to a thread where he made some out of Redwood that look beautiful. I am thinking Redwood or Cedar if I need to replace them. Any and all thoughts/advice welcome.

PS: I think I see a full restoral coming..;)

Seen a couple re-builds on this site and they have used poplar wood. I just got some myself for a rebuild I am doing. 1x2 in size, but any hardwood will do.

Thanks for the reply. Yes a hard wood would probably be better than soft redwood or cedar. I keep it covered all the time anyway.

Back