Genesis Silver Ignitor

Martin Newton

I have an older model Genesis Silver that has 3 burners and a side Gas Ring. The ignitor for the burners is a standard ceramic ignitor that sits in a flame box beside the burner. The ignitor for the Gas ring sits next to the ring and is working. The ignitor switch is a single switch with two connections for both ignitors.
I have two questions can anyone tell me the part number for the ignitor switch as per the photograph, and where to buy one.
Does the wire for the burner ignitor attach at the top of that switch. I have searched this site and all over internet and just cannot find that part.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• F0ED1180-7CB9-473B-A8CC-480CDF377313.jpeg
    F0ED1180-7CB9-473B-A8CC-480CDF377313.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 12
5 out of 5 Customer Rating
★★★★★★★★★★4.3 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for Igniter Kit - Genesis Silver/ Gold C
13 ReviewsThis action will navigate to reviews.
Write a review. This action will open a modal dialog.

Igniter Kit - Genesis Silver/ Gold C​

$39.99

Product Features​

Kit includes side burner wire, ground wires, side burner igniter, ignition chamber, fastening hardware, and instruction sheet.
Please double check the specs and fits info to ensure that you’re choosing the best part for your
Show More
Part Number: #905

That is interesting as all the ones I have come across use the same type of igniter switch for both grill and side burner and both together are less expensive than that one. Can you post a picture of the grill?

5 out of 5 Customer Rating
★★★★★★★★★★4.3 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for Igniter Kit - Genesis Silver/ Gold C
13 ReviewsThis action will navigate to reviews.
Write a review. This action will open a modal dialog.

Igniter Kit - Genesis Silver/ Gold C​

$39.99

Product Features​

Kit includes side burner wire, ground wires, side burner igniter, ignition chamber, fastening hardware, and instruction sheet.
Please double check the specs and fits info to ensure that you’re choosing the best part for your
Show More
Part Number: #905
Many Thanks

Now I understand. That is not a Silver side burner. That looks like it may have come off a Platinum. I would probably just drill a hole and mount another igniter button for the side burner.

This is the grill

Attachments

• 2221A0DA-9E5E-4F44-8B76-4F2FE7A9414F.jpeg
    2221A0DA-9E5E-4F44-8B76-4F2FE7A9414F.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 10
  • AE93053C-0EAF-4024-BDF8-8FE73696B5AD.jpeg
    AE93053C-0EAF-4024-BDF8-8FE73696B5AD.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 10
Now I understand. That is not a Silver side burner. That looks like it may have come off a Platinum. I would probably just drill a hole and mount another igniter button for the side burner.
I think I can splice a ceramic ignitor box into the existing switch, if not I will try your suggestion.

Back