Genesis se335 vs e435

BrandonTX

So I have decided to get me a new weber. I have a family of 5 and like to cook. I also have a rec rec bull smoker but want this for more hot and fast cooks. So what I want is for sure the sear burner. I really like the se 335 model because the 9mm grates and the black hood and doors. I have looked at the s335 but I just don't think I want to be taking care of more ss than I have to. But now I'm looking at the 435. I think the extra space would be good. One thing I don't like is I have to get the s-435 just to get as grates. I was looking at getting the e 435 and then later upgrading the grates. I can not find online anyone selling 9mm set for the 435 models. I even looked on Weber and nothing. What's your opinion who have had both or upgraded to the bigger one?

I was also looking at Napoleon prestige but never seen one in person. I know I like Weber.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has chimed in yet. If you found what you really like and the grates are the only thing holding you back, you could contact rcplanebuyer and have about the best around. He can be found on ebay but you will do better going through his craigslist listing.

When buying high quality stainless steel parts from rcplanebuyer (Dave Santana) on eBay, you pay higher prices due to the eBay fees he incurs. To save a few bucks, contact him directly via one of his Craigslist ads. Search Craigslist SF Bay Area for "weber flavor bars" and look for the ads from Burlingame, CA. Click the "Reply" button in the ad, tell him you heard about him on TVWBB, tell him what parts you want, and he'll hook you up.

Back