Genesis S330 Lid rusted - replacement / repair options

Mark T

Hi everyone!! The grill in question is ~9 years old Genesis S330. I tried to clean up the deposits (preliminary cleanup) but on the bottom and in the middle, the surface appears to have rusted through the inner hood.

Not sure why it got rusted - any ideas? What is the material of the inner lining? I was thinking of replacing with a sheet of aluminum but that feels wrong. Replacement hood is $332 which is quite a bit. What would y'all do to DIY remediate?

Thanks a lot for your advise!!!
mark

PS: Amazing forum, I cant believe I have not gotten here earlier!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 16
Register your grill with Weber and make a warranty claim. I had the exact same issue on my 12-year old S-320, and they sent me a brand new lid for free. I believe the warranty on the lid runs 25 years.

Wow, I am going to work on that, that’s great to know. Thanks a lot, Drew!!

Register your grill with Weber and make a warranty claim. I had the exact same issue on my 12-year old S-320, and they sent me a brand new lid for free. I believe the warranty on the lid runs 25 years.

Drew, Thanks again, claim submitted, look forward to their reply and hopefully happy replacement!

I looked up at the warranties for the old model, indeed it is covered:

Aluminum castings: 25 years (2 years on paint; excludes fading)
* Stainless steel shroud: 25 years
Porcelain-enameled shroud: 25 years
Stainless steel burner tubes: 10 years
Stainless steel cooking grates: 5 years no rust through or burn through
Stainless steel Flavorizer® bars: 5 years no rust through or burn through
Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates: 5 years no rust through or burn through
Porcelain-enameled cooking grates: 3 years no rust through or burn through
Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer® bars: 2 years no rust through or burn through
Infrared rotisserie burner: 2 years
All remaining parts: 2 years

Interestingly looks like Weber dropped it to 10 years for Genesis II, the current model.

Cheers,
Mark

Back