Genesis II E-310 LP Folding Side Table Trouble/Question

Chris Sienk

Good afternoon, and thanks for having me. I'm a new member to this community, and look forward to utilizing this forum to enhance my Weber ownership!

The reason for my post is a call for help regarding the one thing that is frustrating me about my Weber gas grill, and that's the left-side folding table.

I have a Genesis II E-310 LP Model Number 61010001 - I believe this is an older 2016 model which I bought as new, old stock, from Walmart a couple years ago. It does have a left-hand side folding table. I understand the newer versions of this model do not. My guess is because Weber may have identified a design flaw.

The issue I have is it is very flimsy, and not sturdy. This becomes a problem when I try and move or lift the grill. The larger wheels are on the opposite side (Right) along with the propane tank mounted. When folded up, the table is not sturdy enough to use to tilt the grill in order to use the larger wheels, or lift the weight of the grill. The bracket which allows the table to tilt, breaks, and the table comes apart from the bracket. Its infuriating.

Is there any way to install a newer, "fixed" side table version onto my older model? This is literally the only bad experience I have had with this grill and would love to find a solution.

Chris:
If you are the original owner, I would go online and register the grill. Next I would call Weber customer support. Something does not seem correct and see if they help.

Yes I am the original owner. It sat in my garage for about a year before I put it together. I just assembled it and started using it a couple weeks ago, it is practically brand new. I did register it as well. I will give that a shot, thank you.

Chris: I looked at the manual for that grill and if you want to move the grill around by that shelf, you may well have to disable the fold down feature to permanently keep it in the upright position. It will be interesting what Weber customer service comes up with for you. On another note, enjoy your new grill!

I have one the shelves are super thin part of Weber cost cutting
That is from 2017 to 2019 i believe for the fold down shelves
2020 and after i think shelves are not moveable, however same as thin

Last edited:

Back