Genesis grill brush

Paul G.

TVWBB Emerald Member
While in HD I picked up a triangle shaped brass grill brush made by Weber to use on my PCI grates. The handle is long with some flex. The shape of the brush is like a twisted rope strand and really gets down between the grates. The brush worked great, but is a little pricey - just under $10.

Paul

I bought two of those brushes before Weber brought them out. My first one had a longer handle and was too flexible for my taste, but it's one of the best brushes I've found to date. Then I found the one with the shorter handle at my local hardware store and I like it a lot better. The handle is about 8 inches long from its end to the apex of the triangle. Here's Weber's:

http://www.bbqgalore.com/accessories/brushes/310391

I like using it for the grates on my WSM but prefer the one that has curly stainless steel scrubber pads for my gasser. I can't find the brush photo, it might have been redesigned since I bought mine, but here is what the refills look like. I usually put 2 pads on the brush - they seem to hold up better that way.

http://www.bbqgalore.com/store/view_image.bbq?img_id=582

I have also been buying all sorts of brushes. The next one on my list is the Steve Raichlen "Monster Grill Brush". Looks convincing on his TV show
icon_wink.gif

Looks like it has both brass (for cast iron?), and SS bristles for SS.

B0007ZGUIY.01-A11EZWA0U5LRT8._SCLZZZZZZZ_SL160_.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris A:
I have also been buying all sorts of brushes. The next one on my list is the Steve Raichlen "Monster Grill Brush". Looks convincing on his TV show
icon_wink.gif

Looks like it has both brass (for cast iron?), and SS bristles for SS.

B0007ZGUIY.01-A11EZWA0U5LRT8._SCLZZZZZZZ_SL160_.jpg
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. I have one of these that I use for my Ranch kettle (ss bristles) and my Genesis Silver C (brass bristles on pci grates). It works well, especially on the Ranch.

The Weber 12" triangular brushes are extremely popular here in Australia. I generally sell one with every BBQ that goes out the dooor whenever I am demonstrating. I always use one to clean the grill after each demonstration. There is not a good choice of brushes available here so when people see the Weber brush in action they are usually keen to buy them.
I like the stiffness of the brass bristles and the gap between them which allows me to get in between the grill be it PCI, PC Steel, SS, SS Rods or a Kettle or WSM Grill.

Regards

Back