Genesis Gold v newer version

Josie Morris

Hello,

First post, new member here :)

About 4 years ago, I sold my Genesis Silver (with a side burner). I still regret selling it to this day, it never gave me any trouble- always starts right up!

Anyway, I saw this for sale for 250, it looks exactly like my old one. I want to know if it's worth it or should I look at the newer models? I know that my old one is rock solid and heavy- I can't remember if it was made in USA. I don't know where the new models are made and if the quality is just as good?

Please advise and thank you for your time.

Attachments

• grill3.jpg
    grill3.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 27
  • grill2.jpg
    grill2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 27
  • grill1.jpg
    grill1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 29
Hi Josie, welcome to the forum! The grill in the pictures is a made in America Genesis Gold, great grill. I don't think the price for it is outrageous, but I have seen them for less in my area. The newer Weber grills are unfortunately mostly made in China now. I don't think the quality of the new ones is even close to the older ones.

The grill in the picture looks to be in great shape considering it hasn’t been restored.

Its the best Gold Genesis model year in my opinion

I agree with Steve that the grill in the picture is a great grill and because many were sold, there is still Weber and aftermarket support for it.

The risk spending that kind of money on a grill that old would be not being able to get parts in the future. The biggest risk is the valves under those grey knobs. They do occasionally get gunked up and fail to operate. The valves are hard to repair (but occasionally possible) and replacements aren't available.

You should also budget for new parts as needed. They are no longer available at stores, but are available from various online dealers.

It looks like a 2002 or 2003 gold C.

areas to watch for:
inner liner on the lid rusting.
The frame supports for the side tables can weaken and droop.

Otherwise it's a great grill.

Price? I think that varies a lot depending on location. You probably don't want to know prices near me.

Last edited:

Back