Genesis e320 - Rusted out "stand"

Mike Riply

Hello - my first post.
I have a Genesis e320 that the bottom panel is rusted through, and the doors are now falling off due to rust. I want to fabricate a "stand" (for lack of a better word) from WOOD that would support the grill and replace the rusted out parts. Doable? Anyone done it? Any firefighters wish to weigh in?

Thanks!
Mike - Atlanta area

Welcome Mike, happy to have you here. Yes, there have been people on here that have replaced the rusted out cabinets on these grills with wood. Hopefully someone will come along and point you in the right direction as I can't think of a particular thread on it at the moment. You can also try searching key words to find relevant information. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask more questions.

Welcome Mike,

Pics of your grill in its current state might help. What's the condition of the upper portion of the grill frame? Are you wanting to retain a closed cabinet with doors? Or is an open frame a possibility?

Maybe the gas grill forum would get more eyes on this. Perhaps @Chris Allingham could move the thread to that forum.

Back