Genesis E-330 NG Conversion - Side Burner Question

Rick Koster

Hello - I’ve mostly refurbished by E-330 and have also converted the main burners to NG. This included changing out the manifold to a NG version. The main burners are working fine after the conversion, but I’m not sure about the side burner. Do most folks replace the entire side burner with one set up for NG? Any other approaches to convert the side burner? I’ve searched online for a NG side burner but can only find ones for LP. Is there a specific part number for the NG side burner?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be great. This last step seems to be the hardest.

Thanks!

Memory serves me right it should be a piece of cake to convert that. IIRC side burner is 10k or 12k BTU. The side burners use a valve that will work on either gas. So simply resizing or replacing the orifice with correct size for the fuel desired is all you need to do

here is the part number for the LP:
24 67775 LP side burner assembly, Genesis '07

and the NG:
24 67776 Discontinued - NG side burner assembly, Genesis '07

I have both in my garage to compare, but not accessible. It is on my to-do list to see if the NG valve is different from the LP..

I was running an NG side burner converted to LP using an orifice and it ran a lot hotter than an LP version from the factory.

If so, the reverse direction might mean yours will run cooler.

Anyway, tags on both the NG and LP indicate 12,000 BTU side burner.

Thanks again for this helpful information. I plan to resize the orifice for NG, especially since the side burner for NG is discontinued.

Back