Genesis 310 - Natural Gas - ignition is working, but not always igniting.

DavidfromWFB

Hello all -
I am in need of some help.
I have a Weber Genesis 310 - Natural Gas Grill.
It is about 7 or 8 years old.

I recently replaced the ignitors. The old ones crapped out.

However, I am having an issue getting the middle burner to ignite via the push-button ignition system. It just never seems to catch no matter how long I push the button. The middle burner DOES light up if I use a fire-wand.
The end burners don't always ignite consistently. Sometimes, it takes a long-time of holding down the ignition button to light them up.
Other times, they appear to light quickly.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to do take care of this situation so there is more consistency?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Dave

Hi David, assuming that all your connections are good and you have good batteries. It may just be a case of the ignitors not being close enough to the gas to reliably light the burners. You may want to adjust their placement and see if you can get more consistent lighting. Checking to make sure the burner tubes are completely clear of debris is also worth a look. Give it a try and let us know how it works out.

Hi David, assuming that all your connections are good and you have good batteries. It may just be a case of the ignitors not being close enough to the gas to reliably light the burners. You may want to adjust their placement and see if you can get more consistent lighting. Checking to make sure the burner tubes are completely clear of debris is also worth a look. Give it a try and let us know how it works out.
Steve - how do I adjust the ignitors? Do I push / pull them?

Steve's suggestion is solid as the igniter can slide fore and aft. If he burner has slid a bit to the back and the igniter slid a bit to the front it might be sparking but not getting to the gas.

I can also be the first few slots in the burner are clogged, or the burner has crud on it limiting the spark from making the jump.

I would remove the grates, and the flav bars and with the lights out see if you can see the spark. Just test it with the gas off and compare the spark for the center burner with the ones on the left and right to see how it is different.

Also, if you haven't already, try replacing the battery. I've had ones that would click, but not light the burner.

Steve's suggestion is solid as the igniter can slide fore and aft. If he burner has slid a bit to the back and the igniter slid a bit to the front it might be sparking but not getting to the gas.

I can also be the first few slots in the burner are clogged, or the burner has crud on it limiting the spark from making the jump.

I would remove the grates, and the flav bars and with the lights out see if you can see the spark. Just test it with the gas off and compare the spark for the center burner with the ones on the left and right to see how it is different.

Also, if you haven't already, try replacing the battery. I've had ones that would click, but not light the burner.
Dan Hoo - Thanks. May give this a try as well.
Dave

Back