Genesis 2000 Marshall Regulator Adjustable? There is a black Phillips screw looking cap....

Tork T

TVWBB Member
Weber folk-

I did my first ever refurb of my Genesis 2000 last summer, and have noticed it runs real hot. I completely disassembled the Weber (sandblasted firebox), cleaned the burners with wire wheel, cleaned the manifold and knob internals, etc.

All three burners on Low and the temp, with my calibrated Blue Dot, is 488 degrees F.

I believe the old Weber cookbook that came with my 2000 (I no longer have the book) said for Indirect cooking of a whole turkey to use MOM (medium, off, medium) and that would maintain a temp of 325-350. When I use MOM now the temp is 505 degrees.

Is this regulator adjustable? See Pics. I wonder if the former owner never cleaned anything and instead just turned up the regulator's flow when things didn't fire correctly....

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9793.JPG
    IMG_9793.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9794.JPG
    IMG_9794.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 5
It's not really "adjustable". It's able to be "calibrated" but that is a HUGE difference. You can turn that thing all the way each way and it will only change maybe 2" WC which is really nothing. I think if was working well before and you worked on it and now it doesn't retrace your steps as something you did/didn't do is causing the "issue"

It was a non runner when I got it, but I knew the owner and the Genesis was all stock. He did back into it with his truck though.....

I have another regulator I'll try on for fun. Just thought I might have had an older regulator with adjustment capabilities.

Thanks for the response!

Yeah as I noted. It's "adjustable" but only to the point of calibration. IIRC they only swing about 2"WC which in reality is nothing. It will not turn a grill from a weakling into a flame thrower or vice verse as those ones you see with a knob on them. Those are NOT designed for any low pressure application and will turn a normal grill into a fire breathing monster on the low side and an atomic fireball on the high LOL

Back