Genesis 1000 gas nozzles

Joe Skrypka

I'm looking for a set of 3 gas nozzles for the Genesis 1000. I purchased a set of "Weber Compatible" nozzles through Amazon, but they don't fit the 1000 (they are too small).

All of the local Weber parts retailers do not sell the nozzles separately from the entire manifold...... and I don't want to purchase an entire manifold.

Does anyone know of a source where I can buy these nozzles?

Thanks!

One HAS to ask. Why do you have a manifold with no "nozzles"? And for the record they're called orifices or metering jets not nozzles. And for which type of manifold? Nat gas or LP? They're quite different in case you don't know

The manifold has orifices, but a previous owner drilled out the LP nozzles to an inappropriate size to modify the grill to run on natural gas. I need natural gas orifices, but can modify LP nozzles to work with the local NG pressures.

FWIW, an LP manifold regardless of orifices will NOT work correctly or "safely" for that matter on natural gas. You need an actual nat gas manifold to work correctly (or read that SAFELY). I've done MANY of these conversions for people. I had a licensed gas fitter train me on doing some of this stuff. So it's NOT something I will explain here and possibly have someone get hurt. Just suffice to tell you, using an LP manifold on natural gas will not allow the grill to run reliably on low and medium settings. They can "flame out" or partially flame out. And then if you should open the lid after this has happened a sudden rush of air into the combustion area while unburned gas is escaping can build up and cause a fireball type of experience if you open the lid or can actually blow the lid off the grill.
You're playing in dangerous territory and I advise strongly against it

Back