Genesis 1000 - 5000 tank scale stuff

DannyG

TVWBB Pro
Few things.

Im deciding if I should use the scale with the built in measurement piece (the one that shows a full tank at the top and the empty tank at the bottom or if I should use the one with the arm that wraps around the front of the right side facing frame (sticker goes on the frame)

Which do you think is better if Im going to add a right side flip up table? Im thinking the one that displays on the frame.

Also check out this pic of the scale bracket after taking it apart, looks like a weird weld they did from the factory.

Last, I think the little white caps that hold the wheels for the scale are for a 1/4 inch axle so the regular wheel caps wont work right ?

Attachments

• 20240619_215758.jpg
    20240619_215758.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240619_215827.jpg
    20240619_215827.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240619_215840.jpg
    20240619_215840.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 3
I try to keep things original, so use the scale that goes to the grill. The pointer style ones do not interfere with the RH side flip up table. That is odd about that tank panel, just use one of the other ones you have if it bothers you. The white caps are 1/4" and I buy replacements at Home Depot. They are slightly different from the original ones so you need two for each tank glide axle.

I try to keep things original, so use the scale that goes to the grill. The pointer style ones do not interfere with the RH side flip up table. That is odd about that tank panel, just use one of the other ones you have if it bothers you. The white caps are 1/4" and I buy replacements at Home Depot. They are slightly different from the original ones so you need two for each tank glide axle.

Yea i dont care about the weld actually the scale itself covers it. Just thought it was kinda weird.

I was gonna go with the full to.empty tank pictures scale but I think Ill go with the pointer.

For that cap.yea I was looking on Amazon but sometimes stuff like that is a rip off. Ill check THD.

For that cap.yea I was looking on Amazon but sometimes stuff like that is a rip off. Ill check THD.
Don't make more work for yourself in the future. I only replace those when the white part is broken off, which happens sometimes. Even that little axle usually still looks pretty good in most cases. I think it's made out of some kind of galvanized metal so it doesn't rust.

Don't make more work for yourself in the future. I only replace those when the white part is broken off, which happens sometimes. Even that little axle usually still looks pretty good in most cases. I think it's made out of some kind of galvanized metal so it doesn't rust.

Yea I hear ya but if im taking stuff apart I might as well take everything apart.

That being said, this scale Ill.prob use for my 3000 since thats whats on it now. Its actually kinda rusted inside so I took it all apart...

That being said, this scale Ill.prob use for my 3000 since thats whats on it now. Its actually kinda rusted inside so I took it all apart...
Yeah, those scales do get pretty rusty. I always take them completely apart and redo them. This one was one of the worst ones I've come across.IMG_20240619_230943064.jpgIMG_20240619_231015449.jpg

Back