Gas Regulator Question/problem

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
Is anyone else having the same problems as me. I've now had two weber regulators go bad due to the plastic knob that screws into the tank crack. They used to be made out of metal but for the last number of yrs, the knob is plastic. I now need to buy another regulator, hose and related parts for about $25 just b/c of a cracked knob. I'm not over tightening, they just get old, dry and split. I also lost all of my gas on one of the tanks

I have a Genesis that is 8 yr old witha plastic connector and have not had any issues. I hope my saying that does not jenix myself. My grill has been stored outside the entire time through temps ranging from below zero to over 100. It is covered so the connector is not exposed to the sun. How is yours stored?

Mike

one the weber, it is in the florida heat but not directly in the sun since it is covered. on my turkey fryer, it probably gets a moderate amt of sun at times. I just bought a new one at HD, the second one i've bought in the last couple of yrs. I got a brinkman brand for teh turkey fryer and it was $17, so a little better than the weber brand regulator

Back