Garlic Shrimp Splashed with Sherry Vinegar

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
This will be my dinner tonight. Quick and easy to fix for DH while he makes Taco's for his dinner tonight.

Garlic Shrimp Splashed with Sherry Vinegar

1 cup olive oil
1 head garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
Coarsely ground white pepper
48 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Kosher salt
1/2 cup sherry vinegar
3 TB. finely chopped fresh thyme leaves

1. Whisk together the olive oil, garlic and white pepper in a large shallow pan or baking dish. Add the shrimp and toss to coat completely. Refrigerate,
covered, for 2 hours, NO longer.
2. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high.
3. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and shake off the excess (discard the used marinade). Season with salt and grill until just cooked through,
2 to 3 minutes on each side.
4. Place on a large platter and immediately drizzle with sherry vinegar and sprinkle with thyme. Makes 8 servings

Source: Boy Meets Grill - Bobby Flay - 1999

Last edited:
Boy, am I surprised. I never thought vinegar on shrimp would taste soo good!!!!!!

I usually try not to "bug" you guys with asking for comments on my posts, but I AM curious if any of you have had vinegar on your shrimp?

(and what you thought of it, if you have.)

Vinegar is acid. No different that, orange, lime, lemon or pineapple (or any acids). Acids cut fats, oils and butter, and brighten foods and reduce a coated tongue feeling when consuming foods with fats.

So adding vinegar is no different. Adding a flavored vinegar would enhance a shrimp’s flavor it it’s cooked with fat.

So I would add vinegar to a shrimp meal, especially if it was cooked with fat.

Back