fryer chicken on the weber kettle, first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris lewis

TVWBB Member
I have just started doing fryers on the traeger(before I had to take it back to costco because it failed on me) and I really think the fryer has better taste than an already broken down chicken. Maybe it is in my head(or tongue).

Anyhow, just a basic fryer, broken down. coated with peanut oil(all I had), sea salt, CBP. Smoked with stubbs briquettes and pecan wood at about 325-350. Sauced and served. It was 9yr old daughter approved and she knows her stuff.
IMG_6169.JPG

IMG_6170.JPG

Uh Kris, I got to tell ya, they look a little..., well um , Blue? Are they from "Pandora"? :

not sure what pandora is, but I had to snap it quick and I am sure the settings were done for outside vs inside, with an off white balance.

I post my pics on picasa.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kris lewis:
not sure what pandora is, but I had to snap it quick and I am sure the settings were done for outside vs inside, with an off white balance.

I post my pics on picasa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just bust'n your drumsticks buddy, Pandora is a reference to the movie "Avatar".

I have still yet to watch that movie. When it was in the theaters I took my niece and daughter(and son) to watch Princess and the Frog.

I don't do sci-fi too much. Was first in line to watch the expendables though
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...just a basic fryer, broken down. coated with peanut oil(all I had), sea salt, CBP. Smoked with stubbs briquettes and pecan wood at about 325-350. Sauced and served. It was 9yr old daughter approved and she knows her stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Kris - that chicken looks great! I love smoke-roasting chicken pieces on my OTS; gives "plain old" chicken an amazing flavor!

Barret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back