From DigiQ to Stoker

Lennart

Hi there smokers!

My name is Lennart, I am from the Netherlands. I had an OTS for years but now in my garden I have a Primo Oval XL. Here it is during a chuck roll session:
P1010730.JPG

I had a DigiQ II hooked up to it, but wanted to have remote access so upgraded to the Stoker. I ordered it about two weeks ago so going by the stories on the board it should reach me within the next couple of months
icon_biggrin.gif

I tried to get the network in order for the Stoker to arrive and bought a Airport Express (nice and compact) to use with my DLink DWL 3200 AP. Getting the aiport express to link to my wireless network was not a problem, but I have read on this forum that I need to be in WDS mode in order to have remote access, right?

I was able to set the Dlink to WDS mode and did the same with the Airport express (exchanged mac addresses and all), but alas, no cigar
icon_frown.gif

The airport express doesn't seem to want to work with the Dlink. It keeps saying there is no other wireless apple product to connect to.

Has anyone been able to get a regular non mac/apple router/wap to work with the airport express in WDS mode, or should I give it to my daughter to stream itunes and get another bridge?

Let me finish by saying there is a ton of information on this board that is much appreciated
icon_smile.gif

Lennart

Back