From and for an electronics newbie

Wow there's definitely a problem. I grabbed one of my test boards to look for faults on it and here's what I see
CChtWon.jpg

The v4.1 prototype looks fine though
NjOTYQ1.jpg

I'll have to check the board file tomorrow to see if there's an error on it, but yes great find there's definitely a defect on at least some boards.

Wow there's definitely a problem. I grabbed one of my test boards to look for faults on it and here's what I see

I'll have to check the board file tomorrow to see if there's an error on it, but yes great find there's definitely a defect on at least some boards.

This is what I found in the Eagle file;
boardfault.png

Yeah I saw that too but wanted to check back and see where it got messed up. I thought maybe it was just a problem in the board file I uploaded to capnbry.net, but turns out it happened going from 4.1.0 to 4.1.1 and has persisted to the current version 4.1.2.

Remembering that I took a couple of photos of my v4.1 board when it arrived, I can see what Bryan posted as well, that the trace going to the atmega solder pad stops short by a few mm. Luckily the jumper fix is pretty simple.

Yeah I saw that too but wanted to check back and see where it got messed up. I thought maybe it was just a problem in the board file I uploaded to capnbry.net, but turns out it happened going from 4.1.0 to 4.1.1 and has persisted to the current version 4.1.2.

Bryan,

We are going to order several Boards from the Netherlands to build the heatermeter. But the files on github.com are the old files.
Are you going to upload the corrected files or do we have to fix it with a wire or will it work in most of the times.

Frank

It won't work any of the time because there's an error in the actual board file. I was trying to decide if I should make a new revision or just wait until the next major version, but it won't even take me an hour to fix it and push all the files everywhere. I'll have new files up tomorrow morning (United States time).

Back