found a used Summit Kamado E6

KenRose

TVWBB Member
hey everyone. I'm in Canada and I've found an Summit Kamado E6 for sale. Not many are sold up here so finding a used one is pretty difficult. It appears in pretty good shape. What would be a reasonable offer % wise compared to a brand new one?

1/2 to 2/3 of new price would be reasonable in excellent condition. Not sure what new is in Canada.

Less if there is any damage or undue wear.

Thanks Dan. In Canada the new price is $1650 CAD and she is asking $1000. I am going to drive out and look at it but I was thinking $800. I am not sure if they ever stored it with a cover and we do get snow up here.

That sound you hear is all the other VWBB members in Canada scurrying to their keyboards to try and find out where this thing was posted. :)
lol, debated posting but did want to get an honest opinion. For whatever reason they are not popular here; the BBQ stores seem to prefer the Kamado Joe and sell mostly those and the BGE

8-1000 seems like a fair price. Assuming it’s clean and undamaged, I certainly wouldn’t let it go to someone else. They are THAT good.

8-1000 seems like a fair price. Assuming it’s clean and undamaged, I certainly wouldn’t let it go to someone else. They are THAT good.
outside looks clean. There are no pictures of the inside so I'm assuming that will need some work

lol, debated posting but did want to get an honest opinion. For whatever reason they are not popular here; the BBQ stores seem to prefer the Kamado Joe and sell mostly those and the BGE
Because the retailers don’t know about it. I’ll stop right here.

outside looks clean. There are no pictures of the inside so I'm assuming that will need some work
Doubtful, unless they roasted pigs in it for a few years and never degreased it. A little EasyOff oven cleaner and some plastic pastry scrapers and you’re good to go.

Unless the lower kettle is damaged somehow, I agree with Brett it should clean up fine.

Things I would look for:
rust or bent support tabs for the coal grates
damage or rust of parts in the ash catcher
bent or damaged sweeps
damaged cooking grid/grate

The sweeps are not expensive to replace, but again could be a negotiating point.

I would inspect the legs of the cart for rust or damage. Not a deal breaker, but it could be a negotiating point.

Back