For those that have both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James N

TVWBB Guru
For those that both the older style 3 daisy wheel grill's and the one touch grill'. What do you prefere to use to grill & BBQ on more,As far as heat control goes. Reason i'am asking is because i'am going to buy my brother in law a new weber wensday and i never cooked on a one touch.

James,
It's been a few years, but I remember thinking the one touch is slower to react to your adjustments...especially if you throw the vent open and pop the lid, wanting to heat it up real quick. I did not see a problem in ability to "choke" down the heat.

I suppose you could pop the ash catcher off temporarily to compensate,(when attempting to heat it up quick) although I have not tried that.
icon_wink.gif

If your brother in law is not used to one kind or the other, no matter then. The ash catcher is worth it.

Dennis

Thank's Dennis for your reply. I reaaly like the old style myself i can get that grill blazing hot or about as low as i want it...My brother in law has a weber gasser that was given to him new and free of Charge. But he love's the taste of cooking over lump or coal too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by james n:
For those that both the older style 3 daisy wheel grill's and the one touch grill'. What do you prefere to use to grill & BBQ on more,As far as heat control goes. Reason i'am asking is because i'am going to buy my brother in law a new weber wensday and i never cooked on a one touch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I have a 3 wheeler and a 1 touch. The 1 touch is more convenient when grilling - easier to clean and I usually have the vents wide open. When smoking or cooking indirect, it's easier to make minor airflow adjustments on the 3 wheeler.

i have both. i prefer to use the 3 wheeler for smoking. but i have gotten the tricks down on the 1 touch to be very succesfull smoking in it. so at this point you will do just fine to buy him a 1 touch and the addy to this list and tell him to read everything !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back