For all you fellow sword, picanha, lamb racks and steak cook enthusiasts

Used to work down the street from the one in downtown Chicago.
Walking by at 4.30 pm on the way to the parking garage they would have these racks of dino ribs or lamb, steak or chicken spinning on this vertical roti right inside the window for everyone to see. Talk about window dressing. Made my 1.5hr commute home rough.

You can see the flames from the rotiss on the right.
th

IMG_4830.JPG

for you picanha grillers, notice how they trimmed the fat cap. it looks like they take the cap down to 50% of its original cap. from a few of my picanha cooks, this is a good method. the cap that comes in the cryo is quite thick and heavy. and all you need is some of the fat to help baste the meat as it cooks.

i also like the idea of skewering the steak. seems like a nice way to build sear and get the meat to render and self baste as you're cooking.

going to put these tips on my list for some warmer weather cooks. i have a few lamb racks that need trimming and cooking. maybe do those for company, soon.

Yeah I caught the way he trimmed the fat on the picanha, I have been meaning to try a rotisserie of some, now if winter would ever go away....

Yeah I caught the way he trimmed the fat on the picanha, I have been meaning to try a rotisserie of some, now if winter would ever go away....
i'm with ya. woke up to 32F today. that's cold for us here. 52F and sunny right now. looking forward to 60's soon. February starts our spring warmup. my backyard is starting to turn green already, in small parts.

post your pics when you get to these cooks, please. curious to see how others are cooking their meats and how they turn out.

Back