Flat griddle for weber genesis?

Seth Boardman

TVWBB Fan
Does anyone have one of the flat top griddles you can use in your grill? I'm looking into getting one of the ones that you can take out one of the grill grates and put it in its place however they are outrageously expensive and don't know if its worth it.

I have a flat top griddle that I love using on my Gensis. It has a grease catch trough and sides. Makes for great breakfasts and excellent smash burgers. I had thought about adding a Blackstone but really don't have the space so this does the job for me.

When I had my Genesis it basically turned into a flattop griddle with a side burner that I used to start my charcoal chimneys with.

I got this griddle:

1655308678438.png

It worked very well and I also liked that I could use it on the Performer or it would even probably work over the burners on the gas range in the kitchen.

1655309181952.png

1655309158193.png

1655309050222.png

I ended up selling the Genesis and going with a Q1200 for my gas grill since we are empty nesters now, but it was a really nice thing to use in the Genesis for me.

Gotta wonder if someone makes a version of this that will fit the Q1200?
This is the best one I've found yet for the Q1200

Rocky Mountain Cookware Master Chef 12 Gauge Steel Camping Griddle, 10" x 16", Metal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002L94LFI/?tag=tvwb-20

IMG_20220615_224333099.jpg

It's carbon steel so you just season it like cast iron. It also is almost exactly the same dimensions as the grate for either of the Go Anywhere grills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I bought a 36" Blackstone a few years back, son and family bought a new to them house, they don't come over as much now so I give it to them, 4 of them counting the grandkids, I have several griddles to go on any grill but been missing the flat top, bought a Blackstone 17" table top the other day, I lay a piece of paneling on the gas range, kick on the vented hood and let it rip, works really well and keeps the mess down a lot better than 1 of the other griddles on the gas range. I had the $ to buy the rotisserie I been wanting but decided to wait awhile longer on that.

Back