First Stoker Cook

James Harvey

TVWBB Pro
Got my Stoker yesterday. Doing a few racks of baby backs right now. Experience so far:

Packaging - A
Physical Quality of Goods - B+
Manual - C-
Ease of Installation (WSM) - A
Ease of Use (once you've figured it out) - B
Performance After 3 Hrs - A

Notes: For something that is pretty easy to use, the manual is more of a hinderance. Relied upon Yankee Rob's vids to get started. The calibration explanation was great as my pit probe was off by 15F and my temp probe was off by 10F when tested in boiling water.

Since the Wifi software isn't available until September I haven't tried anything other than a straight cook. It would have been nice if the box contained some info on the anticipated availability of the Wifi software. That said, the Wifi instructions in the 2.7 manual are also lacking but I can't say more until I have the software.

One oddity. I'm using my ET73 because I'm inside and the differential from the Stoker pit temp was almost 20F early on. After 3 hours, they are only a few degrees apart?

Overall, I set the pit temp at 220F and I'm running +/- a few degrees 3 hours in. I did have overheating issues early on but that was user error (my lid wasn't on flush so air was leaking in).

Pretty cool so far. I'll update this once my cook is done and after I do an overnighter.

JDH

Back