First ATC

Andy V

TVWBB Member
Trying to decided what route to go. Looking at getting an ATC so that I can get away from the apartment some days. Any suggestions be great.

Define what you want. How "techy" do you want to be? I use the Auber because it does what I need it to do. Not a knock against any of the others- I just didn't need a meat temp probe or the ability to monitor over the web. I chose the Auber because of their prominence in the home brewing beer community and I tend to stick with familiar companies. I doubt it's any better/worse than the other basic ATC's available.

Andy, I swear by the DigiQ DX for my 22.5 WSM - had it for a few years now, couldn't be happier with it...here's the link to the BBQ Guru website that lists and describes the various models in their line of ATC devices.

Regards,

Rooster

Do not need the temp probe or view on the web. Just need simple temperature control when I have to run to the store or the golfcourse for a few hrs

I's the minion method used when doing this? I'm a little lost on how you actually set these up vs a traditional cook

You set up the fuel the same way you normally do. I always just fill the grate with an empty coffee can in the middle with the bottom cut out, and pour the hot coals in the middle. Then remove the coffee can, add a few chunks of wood, and close her up. When the cook is done, I close the top vent, remove the fan, and insert the silicon plug. When its cold, I just shake the grate to get rid of the ash, and leave the partially burned coals for next time. Either way, it doesn't matter what method you use when using the ATC.

Sounds great. Thanks Scott. Looks like i will get the 10 cfm, adapter and the dx. Should that be it all?

It's on the way! Wanted the wifi version but it seems as if there were many issues using it outside of your own wifi location

Took a cook to understand I needed to chock the fan some. Also threw some gaskets on the body so now it holds temp much easier

Ok I'm new to the automatic temp control. What exactly do I need for the WSM 18.5? I have WiFi but are you guys using it with WiFi or just a 4G connection? Thanks for any advice.

Back