fired up the 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim C

TVWBB Super Fan
still waiting on the replacement lid and bowl due to damage but went ahead and cooked some steaks on it tonight. definately going to have to get at least one more chimney. i really am liking the extra room.
i usually use 2 charcoal grates but these sure wont stack. not sure what im gonna do.

charcoal grate

they said the replacement charcoal grate is $40 and the ss cooking grates are $80
icon_eek.gif

You could lay a 22" charcoal grate over it, it just won't go all the way to the edge...

Or at Menard's they had a cheap 26" made by some company other than Weber (but I don't remember who) - if you can find a replacement charcoal grate for that it might fit.

never heard of menards. it looks like the closest one is 7 hrs or so away in central mo.
guess i should've searched first but charbroil has a 26 on a cart with side tables.i'll call them later today about a grate.

evidently the 26 charbroil is pretty old. customer service(?) didnt even know anything about it.

The cost of the SS grate seems pricey, but I think you will find they don't breakdown nearly as fast making them cost effective.

Gary

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim C:
never heard of menards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

menards is like a K-Mart version of Lowes or Home Depot. it is mainly the folks in wisconsin and illinios cursed with those stores.

Menard's is here in the upper midwest. They made a big deal about sponsoring Dale Earnhardt Jr. a few years ago.

Lucky for me, that's where I get Royal Oak Lump. About the only thing I go there for...

Didn't know the 26" I saw there was a Charbroil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back