Fireboard 2 Drive keeps dying mid-cook...

Willie (Green Bay)

TVWBB Member
And before you say it, yes the battery was still charged or i had it plugged in.

3 times now the unit has shut itself down in the middle of cooks, 2 of them being overnight cooks only for me to discover it the next morning. I can't figure out what or why it's doing it, but i'm tired of wasting half cooked meat and i no longer have confidence in using this thing to do overnight cooks on my WSM.

Anyone else experiencing this??

My Weber iGrill would at least notify me when it lost connection, not sure why the fireboard can't do the same.

And before you say it, yes the battery was still charged or i had it plugged in.

3 times now the unit has shut itself down in the middle of cooks, 2 of them being overnight cooks only for me to discover it the next morning. I can't figure out what or why it's doing it, but i'm tired of wasting half cooked meat and i no longer have confidence in using this thing to do overnight cooks on my WSM.

Anyone else experiencing this??

My Weber iGrill would at least notify me when it lost connection, not sure why the fireboard can't do the same.
Did you email the folks at Fireboard?

Back