Feeler.....Weber Summit Charcoal

Slavi D

I'm thinking about selling my Summit Charcoal grill. Looking for some guidance on how much it could be worth. Its the stand alone grill (not the station). I have an extra diffuser plate and some gourmet system accessories that id be throwing in with the grill (sear grate, wok, and panini/waffle press).
Now to the reason why I'm thinking about selling.....and i know ill get roasted for this (pun intended). I've used it almost exclusively as a smoker and I'm getting lazy and want to get a pellet smoker instead....

Send me your offers or ideas on how much it would be worth. I figure id post something on here and let someone who can appreciate it get a chance at it first, before i post it on fb marketplace or craigslist.

I'm in the Chicagoland area for what its worth. Western suburbs.

Attachments

• Sumchar.JPG
    Sumchar.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 13
Slavi,

I am not in the market for one (just out of my price range right now), but I also keep an eye for these on facebook marketplace and related sites (one can dream right). Here in the PA/MD/WV/VA four state area I see them from time to time and I have seen them priced at both $1,000 and $800. The few I have seen priced at $800 don't last long. Those for $1,000 sometimes are posted for a good period of time.

I think you really have to take into consideration that Weber JUST launched the 2nd generation version of this grill. Price right at $1000.

If you try to sell yours around the $1,000 price you have to find someone who really wants a gen 1 and really wants the starter to buy used versus brand new.

I think the $800 price point is a great pricepoint to motivated someone to pick this up yours used over a new one.

Good luck in the process!

If I may, I‘d suggest getting your pellet grill first and make some direct comparisons based on what you like to cook most often. Find out if your smoked treats taste as good on your pellet grill vs your charcoal grill, etc. (Providing the purchase of your new toy isn’t indicative of the sale of your old one.) Perhaps keeping both may have some benefits?

I’m in the same boat, in a sense that I am actually awaiting the delivery of the upgraded version of the E6 myself, and am wondering if I’ll still want to keep my Genesis 300. The gasser is just so convenient and heats up quickly. After watching a few YouTube videos, it seems the E6 is no slouch.

I'd list it for $900, just make sure you include details in your listing that it's a gen 1 with the gas starter. Mention that it's solid and doesn't wobble!
If you spend some time cleaning it very well, you'll likely fetch more money for it.

Back