Father's weekend.

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
With inflation out of control, I'm claiming the entire weekend, starting last night.

A local wine pub is closing and we enjoyed one last light meal with a fantastic bottle of Russian River zin. I didn't take a pic but I found one on the internet.

The wine was a rochioli Russian River. It was perfect with the blue bites.

Tenderloin in a red wine mushroom sauce with blue cheese and some crostini. It is an appetizer but why share. Just enjoy as a small plate.

20220618_190449.jpg

With inflation out of control, I'm claiming the entire weekend, starting last night.

A local wine pub is closing and we enjoyed one last light meal with a fantastic bottle of Russian River zin. I didn't take a pic but I found one on the internet.

The wine was a rochioli Russian River. It was perfect with the blue bites.

Tenderloin in a red wine mushroom sauce with blue cheese and some crostini. It is an appetizer but why share. Just enjoy as a small plate.

View attachment 53262
Which place?

That looks good Dan, I have those same water glasses. Happy father's day! and a completely random question because I spent hours today trimming and cutting my grass. Do you have any sort of greenery on your property? I'm just curious since I can't tell if you live in the desert or not based on your pictures.

That looks good Dan, I have those same water glasses. Happy father's day! and a completely random question because I spent hours today trimming and cutting my grass. Do you have any sort of greenery on your property? I'm just curious since I can't tell if you live in the desert or not based on your pictures.
It’s dry like a desert here (CA).

The only greenery I have is what I water.

And, if I water it the deer stop by and eat it.

Watch an old rerun of Bonanza, and it looks like that.

20220530_194128.jpg20220505_182723.jpg

So you guys have lawnmowers and a lawn? I know that there's been a drought and not enough water. I can water til my hearts content but water is very expensive here so I don't anymore. I am at the mercy of the rain which has been pretty good so far this year.

I'm letting my front lawn die off, but yeah I have a lawn mower

I'll water to keep the trees, but my shrubs are being eaten by venison...

Well, I guess deer can be pests too. I'm sure I would put up with them too. My biggest pests are rabbits. I had a cat that kept them under control but she died unfortunately. I've only seen a deer in my yard once. I also see coyotes, raccoons, and possums.

Back