6 cloves garlic
1 dried ancho pepper
1 dried guajillo pepper
1 jalapeno pepper
1 t oregano
1 t black pepper
2 t sugar
3 t beef base

Step one prepare dried beans. In a large pot, rinse beans, then cover with water till about 2 inches of water over beans. Cover and bring to a boil. Allow to rest for one to two hours.

Step two grill the steak and ground beef. Cool then chop beef.

Step three sweat the onion, garlic, jalapeno and, green pepper.

Step four roast the ancho and guajillo peppers in a skillet and grind roasted peppers.

Step five bring it all together. In the large
pot with onion, garlic and green pepper add the meat, beans with licquid and, all remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then simmer for two hours or so.

Notes: my family enjoyed the spice level. For those more adventurous souls, double the peppers and cumin. Good color, flavor and, texture. Just add cornbread.

Steve,

You may want to try this easy way to add a new dimension your chili. I just did a batch of my very basic chili and added a couple cups of pulled smoked beef chuck near the end. I was trying to add an additional texture to the chili, but this also added a very smoky flavor. The smoke works really well with the chile pepper and beef flavors.

I think pulled pork would also work just as well. Another good use for all the leftover barbecue in my freezer.

Jim

Back