Failed Stoker update

Randy Morris

Trying to update from firmware version 2.0.259 to 2.6.0.249 and i am getting a message that says "requesting upgrade application boot on Stoker....failed to connet"

I can ping the stoker with no problem... any ideas?

Maybe your router is blocking access to it? Might want to try connecting it directly to you PC (have to set static IP addresses first).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amir:
Maybe your router is blocking access to it? Might want to try connecting it directly to you PC (have to set static IP addresses first). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the stoker plugged directly to the laptop. I can ping it fine says can't connect for the update. Running Vista on the laptop if that matters.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Randy Morris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amir:
Maybe your router is blocking access to it? Might want to try connecting it directly to you PC (have to set static IP addresses first). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the stoker plugged directly to the laptop. I can ping it fine says can't connect for the update. Running Vista on the laptop if that matters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is the laptop plugged directly into your router or are using wireless connection from laptop to router? Try going from Stoker to Laptop and Laptop to router -- all hard wired and not using wireless connection.

how many times have I heard that?
icon_smile.gif

Back