easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey Elks

TVWBB All-Star
are most of you guys finding its a heck of a lot easier to slow cook with your kettle then your wsm. Ive always felt like the bullet type smokers are a pain in the ars. Call me lazy i guess.

When cooking multi-butts, mixed meats, there's no comparison.

Though I guess I could get 5~6 kettles.
icon_wink.gif

I don't have a WSM, but I find it ridiculously easy to slow cook on the kettle. The hardest part is setting up the fire, once its done, I don't need anything special like fire bricks, smokenators, etc... And to me setting up the fire is part of the joy of cooking outside. I don't have to check the fire, after the first hour.

I am really starting think the only reason to get the WSM really is capacity and social status. And I am ok hanging out with the worms...
icon_smile.gif

Corey i agree with u about the kettle, i use my kettle for smoking 10-1 over my wsm, uses a lot less fuel, do not have any problems controlling temp. Was thinking of getting a 26 inch kettle just for smoking,indirect and HH cooks. I hardly do any low and slow anymore, cannot remember the last time i cooked at 225-250 range.

Corey,

I've used my gasser more times this year than my WSM and the thought of letting it go has come to mind since I got my performer. I did cook 2 6-lb butts Saturday night which brought home to me again the set it and forget it aspect of the WSM. I suppose if I had to part with one of my Webers it would be the bullet.

My wife got me a WSM for the 08 Christmas and I used it every weekend for about 3 months. She then got me a Weber Performer for my birthday March of 09 and I have only used my WSM about 5 times since.

I can do everything on my Performer and about the only thing I use my WSM for now is pork butt. I do ribs on the ribolator and briskets high heat on the performer. Thinking about selling the WSM and if I could get $175 for her I would take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back