Durawood .... in the Dishwasher?

I tried to straighten one bent durawood slat using a heat gun, but I need more heat throughout the slat and less surface heat.

It also needs something to hold it in place while it cools.

might wait until summer to experiment.

I tried to straighten one bent durawood slat using a heat gun, but I need more heat throughout the slat and less surface heat.

It also needs something to hold it in place while it cools.

might wait until summer to experiment.
I have a box full of clean, straight durawood slats. I'll send you one. I still don't think it's worth the effort to try and straighten one out.

I have a box full of clean, straight durawood slats. I'll send you one. I still don't think it's worth the effort to try and straighten one out.
Thanks Steve, but I don't think it is worth the cost for shipping.

I have six extras from a recent acquisition, and was experimenting to see what it would take to straighten one.

To be honest, I think having it in the dishwasher on heat dry is 90 percent there. Get it warm and pliable and then clamp it in so its straight.

You're right, it's not worth the shipping. You can probably go out tomorrow and get a whole bunch of those slats for free or next to it. I can't see a dishwasher heating one up enough to bend it either. I hope you prove me wrong though.

Back