Drain holes...

J D McGee

TVWBB Pro
I got tired of my WSM's filling up with water in the off season...so I drilled a 1/4 inch hole in the bottom. Bye bye mold and mildew...
icon_smile.gif

IMG_6764.jpg

IMG_6765.jpg

When I fire it up I just plug the hole with a ss bolt. I used a uni-bit for a smooth hole...no chipping...then touched it up with a little high temp paint.

That ought to work!

I've taken to slipping a large plastic "contractors clean up bag" over my WSM and then putting the Weber cover over that. Not sure why I put the Weber cover over big plastic sack. Guess I just like to see the Weber covers in the "Weber Grill Garden." The big plastic bag is a pretty snug fit and seems to keep the water out well.

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat Smith:
That ought to work!

I've taken to slipping a large plastic "contractors clean up bag" over my WSM and then putting the Weber cover over that. Not sure why I put the Weber cover over big plastic sack. Guess I just like to see the Weber covers in the "Weber Grill Garden." The big plastic bag is a pretty snug fit and seems to keep the water out well.

Pat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea...never thought about that. It's so damp in the winter here that, even though they are always covered, I seem to get a lot of condensation. The holes did the trick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Milt DuCharme:
Off season? What is that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's when I use my gasser more than my WSM's...
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Milt DuCharme:
Off season? What is that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>well in Southern California it is when we stop wearing shorts and flip flops and put on long pants and closed toed shoes

usually Late October to the beginning of February
icon_biggrin.gif
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back