Do you use your stoker from the start?

phil g

Do you guys use your Stoker to start your fire?

Or only have you manually stabilize the fire at the temp you want.

I have generally used it from the start with good results.

From start. I put a handful of lit on, assemble the WSM and turn her on. In my opinion there's no reason not to let her do the work.

I do too although I usually light the unit, get my meat prepared, then power on the stoker. Until then, the vent is wide open. Reason is that I don't like the stoker blowing while I am messing with the meet on the grill.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amir:
I do too although I usually light the unit, get my meat prepared, then power on the stoker. Until then, the vent is wide open. Reason is that I don't like the stoker blowing while I am messing with the meet on the grill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've heard about this cool feature in Stokerlog that allows you to turn off the Stoker so the fan won't blow while you have the lid off. Then when you put the lid back on, you can turn the Stoker on and Stokerlog will pick right back up.

icon_wink.gif
and yes, I know Amir is the guy that wrote StokerLog. this was a joke so don't start slamming me.

Back