Do I leave the propane tank connected at all times?

Fabian G

Just received and set up my new Q120. My question is am I supposed to leave the propane tank always connected? Or do I disconnect it every time I'm done grilling?

Fabian, Not sure why, but I have always disconnected my cylinder if I don't plan on using my Q for a few days. Again, this isn't something I've read, just something I've always done.
Good Luck, I know you'll love your new Q!
Tim

I've had my q120 for a couple of years, and I keep the cylinder connected, and haven't had any problems. I think if you keep unscrewing and rescrewing, the threads of the cylinder holder will become worn.

I keep my gasser connected, however, I turn off the propane tank valve when I finish cooking. I do this before I close any of the burners so that propane is not stored in the hose.

Ray

I don't use the small canisters. My propane tank is connected all of the time but turn off the tank when finished.

Leaving a canister connected utilizes the 120 valve to contain the propane. Removing it increases the wear and tear on the threads, however I don't remember having read about anyone having to replace this part.

I have a regular 5gal propane tank connected via the hose, but I have to remove it because the squirrels have eaten through the house 2 times! I have to take the hoses off and put them in a storage unit so I don't have to keep replacing them.

Back