Digital thermometer for grill

Any thermoworks product is good. Thermo-pop is good for checking meat only (it's a meat probe), and it's more affordable than the Thermopen. If you want to check meat temp while meat is cooking, check out thermoworks Dot. If you want to monitor grill temp and meat temp at the same time, you could look at the thermowork's Smoke which is really cool because you can monitor 3 chunks of meat at the same time, and/or expand it and use it to control temperature on a kettle or WSM with the billows attachment. Smoke comes with wireless remote that has a HUGE range via radio signal. No issues ever with pairing.... Thermoworks products come in a wide variety of colors which is kind of cool. You can buy direct from Thermoworks... sometimes they offer coupons/deals for forum members.

I also have a on old Maverick similar to the new XR 30....(monitors meat and grill temp). The remote has pretty good range and goes thru thick plaster walls. Pairing the transmitter and receiver has never been an issue. Maverick BT 30 looks interesting but I've never tried it. I actually use my Maverick XR 30 a little more often than my Thermoworks Smoke because it's smaller and a little easier to handle. https://www.maverickthermometers.com/thermometers/

Some other forum members are using a product called the Thermo-Pro for a meat thermometer, which has similar function as the Thermo-pen, similar performance at a much lower price.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these brands/products. Good luck!

Any thermoworks product is good. Thermo-pop is good for checking meat only (it's a meat probe), and it's more affordable than the Thermopen. If you want to check meat temp while meat is cooking, check out thermoworks Dot. If you want to monitor grill temp and meat temp at the same time, you could look at the thermowork's Smoke which is really cool because you can monitor 3 chunks of meat at the same time, and/or expand it and use it to control temperature on a kettle or WSM with the billows attachment. Smoke comes with wireless remote that has a HUGE range via radio signal. No issues ever with pairing.... Thermoworks products come in a wide variety of colors which is kind of cool. You can buy direct from Thermoworks... sometimes they offer coupons/deals for forum members.

I also have a on old Maverick similar to the new XR 30....(monitors meat and grill temp). The remote has pretty good range and goes thru thick plaster walls. Pairing the transmitter and receiver has never been an issue. Maverick BT 30 looks interesting but I've never tried it. I actually use my Maverick XR 30 a little more often than my Thermoworks Smoke because it's smaller and a little easier to handle. https://www.maverickthermometers.com/thermometers/

Some other forum members are using a product called the Thermo-Pro for a meat thermometer, which has similar function as the Thermo-pen, similar performance at a much lower price.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of these brands/products. Good luck!
Thank you!

Went through a couple of probes on my Maverick and bought a Thermoworks Smoke when it came out a few years ago. Bought extra probes with it figuring I would need them. They are still unpackaged as the originals are still fine.

Back