Did My first overnight cook with the aubur for the wsm.

john barnes jr

My Aubur auto temp control for the wsm arrived and I am pleased to say that this control really works. My system has the 10cfm fan for the larger wsm and my smaller wsm with this system really maintains low temps for long hours. I just set my temp and forget it for hours without checking on it, and here in montana were it got down to 20 deg my smoker held 210 all the way. I highly recommend this controler for long slow cook. It took 20 hours to cook my corned beef brisket and it came out tender.

I actually used my Auber for the first time this weekend twice. I did 3 racks on Saturday and a 7 lb butt on Sunday. It controlled the temperature perfectly at 225 for 15 hours before I pulled. I started with a full charcoal ring using the MM and still had charcoal after I finished. It makes the charcoal really efficient. I put the control unit in a zip-lock bag to protect overnight, I need to build a contained for it. It's truly a set it and forget it. I highly recommend the unit. Kudos to Auber!

Back