Current Conditions Christmas Brisket On

I would freeze it. That's a long time in fridge before Monday. May not make a difference, but that's me.
OK, in the freezer they go. Right now sitting in bottom shelf of fridge downstairs. No problem to simply move them over. I also laid in a nice supply of sliced brisket for our midwinter nights when we want some nice Q. I sliced a good sized part of the flat and sandwiched the flat slice with 2 point slices. Theory being when warming up in the vacuum sealed bag the fattier pieces will melt and baste the leaner for overall good eats :D Hokey I know but sometimes that's me LOL

Well just an update. The Christmas brisket went into my ersatz Sous Vide for our Christmas Day dinner with friends and family. I had already taken most of the flat into slices to freeze. Along with a portion of the point. So I put a number of packages of brisket already sliced in the freezer. Which then left me with us with 3 chunks 2 from the point I split in the middle (using one today) and the remainder of the flat. Pulled them out, and used the T-Works Smoke ambient sensor in the large pot and held the water about 190 for a couple hours.
Results were incredible. The meat literally melted in your mouth. Nearly everything went. Now I am almost out of my stash of pulled pork so I am gonna do another shoulder. Though last time I bought the boneless ones at Costco. Whoever deboned them left a lot of cartilage and hard gristle making for a little "unpleasant" eating at times. Next one I am going to do a bone in from Sam's. I would rather cook bone in I think and then debone when the meat is very tender.

Back