Craigslist Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Dillon

TVWBB Fan
I just picked up another 22.5 OTS off of Craigslist. It's a DR code, 2006 year.

It's in just about new condition, definitely only used a few times. The grates even aren't that bad. It needs a cleaning before using it, and is missing the ash plate, but that's not really a big deal.

All for $15. I talked 5 bucks off of it because the photo indicated it being a gold model, when it was in fact a silver and was missing the ash pan.

Link:
http://philadelphia.craigslist.../app/1563997264.html

I'll post a pic or two sometime later on, it's a bit dark for photos right now.

Ya know,
You could turn it into a gold just by ordering up the ash catcher ring, the ash pot, and the pot handle. If you were going to get the OTS ash pan anyway, what the heck....

...just sayin'

That is an excellent idea, and one that I was considering... right up until yesterday afternoon when i got an email saying that the previous owner found the ash plate, and they were willing to give it to me for free.

Their house is mostly on my way home from work, so 2 minutes extra out of my time and zero money got me the ash plate.

For the Silvers, I place a deep aluminum casserole dish on top of the plate. That works almost as well as the Gold's ash collection pot, but saves quite a bit of money.

I'm glad I decided to hold off on a lead I had on an OTG collection assembly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back