Coffee Beans what's in your grinder ???

Here's a picture of the way they sell coffee. It's interesting and a good overall selection but doesn't lend itself well to preserving freshness. In reality, they are bins inside barrels with some burlap coffee sack props/dressing.
Their already bagged beans are decent when they are on sale.

Screenshot_20240424-090505_Chrome.jpg

Here's a picture of the way they sell coffee. It's interesting and a good overall selection but doesn't lend itself well to preserving freshness. In reality, they are bins inside barrels with some burlap coffee sack props/dressing.
Their already bagged beans are decent when they are on sale.

View attachment 89756
Yeah, I don't think I would be dipping into those barrels

UPS tells me that the Gaggia Brera is out for delivery today. Went to the Wegmans down the road and picked out these two. I was looking for dark but not oily. The Organic Espresso Blend is just that. The Bold is a slight bit oily but not like the Peet's or Costco Colombian Supremo.
Interesting that both bags had roasted on and best by dates stamped. Unusual for supermarket coffee.
1000010302.jpg1000010303.jpg1000010304.jpg

Forty-Six is (I think) one of the darkest roast Counter Culture makes along with Gradient.
I think you are right, Keith, but I'd still call it a medium roast. If I compare it to something like Peet's Major Dickason for sure. It's a really tasty coffee. I prefer it as espresso, I find it to lack a bit of body (to my taste) when brewed with my Aeropress.

R

I think you are right, Keith, but I'd still call it a medium roast. If I compare it to something like Peet's Major Dickason for sure. It's a really tasty coffee. I prefer it as espresso, I find it to lack a bit of body (to my taste) when brewed with my Aeropress.

R
I am not a good judge of the darker roasts. Over time I have migrated to the lighter roasts although try to typically have something a little darker around for those who prefer.

So I did a double shot with my KitchenAid, and foamed up some cream. Not quite as "robust" as I was expecting but VERY smooth. Actually quite pleasant. But honestly unless I can get this stuff at Costco locally for the $13 or so. Nah, not doing it again.

I think I saw the Sumatran organic when I was there last week. I did not pull the trigger. Maybe next time if they have it.

Funny - my wife and I went through tough times as well. She is from Puerto Rico and was used to a lot of cream and sugar so liked the coffee brewed very strong. I liked black and liked mine weaker. I eventually went to her way with cream and sugar, then she went mine. We both drink black now and there is world peace in our home.
I was in Puerto Rico for work over 35 years ago. I really liked their coffee and I learned to use condensed milk for the cream and raw sugar just liked they did down there. I was also there when Pizza Hut test marketed their Hawaiian Pizza which I also like to this day, please no BBQ sauce.

So I found a great deal on a naked bottomless portafilter for my Casabrews. Have never used one, but got such a great deal on it I could not pass it up. So, I did a nice #15 grind on my Breville of 18 grams and pulled a double shot with that Kirkland Espresso. Wow, darn good!. Perfect crema, smooth. Just a really nice shot.

So I found a great deal on a naked bottomless portafilter for my Casabrews. Have never used one, but got such a great deal on it I could not pass it up. So, I did a nice #15 grind on my Breville of 18 grams and pulled a double shot with that Kirkland Espresso. Wow, darn good!. Perfect crema, smooth. Just a really nice shot.
We will need comparison shots in clear glass cups to see the difference;-)

We will need comparison shots in clear glass cups to see the difference;-)
I will do my best to get some. Might be during the week. I have a VERY VERY full weekend. I won't bother with photos using the pressurized filter baskets. I'll use the non pressurized with the standard spouted holder and then the naked bottomless one. But I am impressed enough I will get one for the KitchenAid as well

Back