Cleaning performer lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmo

TVWBB Fan
The lid on my 2 months old performer has some oil spots and dirt and charcoal ashes stuck to it.

I tried to clean with a wet paper towel but it does not do much.

What is best to use to clean the outside and inside of lid without scratching or harming the paint. I also want to make sure that it will be safe with use around food, whatever i use to clean.

thanks

Hit the inside with a jet spray from a garden hose. Brush out anything that looks like it is flaking off. Otherwise, I wouldn't be concerned

Steel wool, wash, wipe, forgetabout it!

I had my OTS for about 4 years, used it 2 - 3 times a week, year round, before I ever even thought about looking at the inside of the lid.

When I did and saw all the gunk there, I shrugged, put it back on the grill wiped down the outside of the grill and moved on.

That grill still gets a work out about every other week as the host of my Weber rotisserie but I've still never cleaned the inside of the lid!

Pat

so i will look for some steel wool but would it be ok to use soap like palmolive with water to wash the outside of lid?

I want my lid to look clean and shiny on outside.

I will check if that green stuff is sold in my area also.

elmo

Like most things you buy, instructions will say use mild soap which is dish washing soap. This "covers" the manufacturer from any warranty or liability should you say "well, you told me to use battery acid."

Good ol' hot soap and one of those nylon scrubbing pads. Porcelain is pretty hard and should not be scratched by the nylon pad. Start with the outside the lid and work to the inside the cooker. Keep the nylon pad clean as to not pickup anything that will scratch the porcelain finish.

Don't have a pressure washer? Take her down to Joe's Self Service Car Wash, the one's with the high pressure wands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back