Chipped porcelain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark B

TVWBB Pro
Just picked up a new Performer and when I was assembling it found that each of the 3 little posts that would hold legs on the bottom are chipped.

Being a Performer there is no legs to go in these posts, but I was wondering how easy these would start rusting.

Wonder if any members here have had a similar finding, and if you agree that there is a risk of rusting here.

Thanks

the legs stubs/sockets themselves or the bowl around the stubs/sockets ? weber would probably replace the bowl under warranty.

Not sure why those stubbs get the paint knocked off..I have seen that several times. Call Weber..you spent a nice chunk...there should be no chips.

Yup, I'll be calling the customer service. It's too bad this happened. I was really pleased with the build quality of the cart as I was assembling.

Looking forward to firing this up.

Well, here's how it turns out. Called the customer service line on the 2nd (handled by OMC here in Canada) and explained the issue. The rep asked if I could send in some pictures. Sure, no problem. She said they would probably replace the bowl.

Got my confirmation this morning another bowl is being sent to me. It is on back order though. They said the original bowl is mine to do with as I please, so I have no concerns if the back order is a long one.

I finished building the Performer tonight and remain impressed with the build quality of the unit. The cart, thickness of the grates, and the ease in which things went together - just great. Can't wait to fire it up.

Count me in as another one happy to have bought Weber - the customer service for the warranty return was really quite amazing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Michael:
Good deal..glad they took care of you...now post some pics of that bad boy in use. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the first cook - not much really as it wasn't planned. And the photos are out of order. Oh well. These steaks are cut from a portion o a full rib eye, and at $3.99/lb you can guess it isn't premium.

Did a 30 min marinade with light sodium soy, some asian cooking wine, a dollop of sesame oil, and some fine shredded fresh ginger and garlic. Bit of white pepper as well.

They came out ok, at least I didn't overcook them over the maple leaf lump. Learned a few things along the way.

Overall very happy with the grill and look forward to many more cooks.

Best regards,

Looks great Mark, and those steaks at that price I would be all over too! Seems you always learn something as you cook, something you can take into the next cook. From your pics It looks like you can use some more coal, esp w/ four steaks. But...then again, I am a pyro...but do like a big bed of coals..as long as you have a "safe" zone you can always pull your meat away from the pile.

Exactly. I have a couple of sizes of chimneys, with the last charcoal grill I used the smaller chimney would be enough for this.

It was a smaller unit and the 22.5 bowl on the Performer will take more fuel, the kettle having quite a bit more volume.

That was one of the things learned on the inaugural cook. One of the other things was how nice it was to use this thing, with the workspace, etc. The grills cleaned up in a flash.

Kind of wish we weren't camping this weekend - there's too much I want to cook on this thing.

I really dont even use my chimney much anymore to be honest. I just bunch it together in the middle and light the performer. This way I know exactly how much coal I put in. I have a coal rake that I use to shuffle the coals around..again..I love playing w/ fire
icon_smile.gif
But again, everyone has there own and develops their own technique. The important thing..your food comes out tasty. I like the coals and the ritual to get the cooking area ready..gas is just so boring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back