Checkout HomeDepot for Charcoal Deals....

Jim Weber

TVWBB Super Fan
I figured I'd throw this out here ----
I went into HD last week looking for charcoal...... I had found the 'last lone' 20# bag of Embers coals tucked back under a shelf outside - it felt slightly damp on the outside, but not wet..... I asked at the checkout if they would give me a 'break' on it since it was the last one and somewhat damp --- they guy said 'sure' --- it rang up for $4!!!! Pretty stoked at that --- but it gets better.....

HD was clearancing the Kingsford 'flavor boosted' charcoal bags - $3.80 for a 12# bag (originally $15) - not a bad price per # so I grabbed one for me and one for my neighbor to try out. I didn't realize it until I got home that they mix in ~5-10% 'booster' briquettes..... so, even if you didn't like the flavor of the boosters, its easy enough to pull them out and toss them and you are left with KBB.
I was back at HD yesterday and they still had a bunch of these bags on clearance..... I asked a 'cool looking guy' at the checkout "you've got this charcoal on clearance - I'll take a bunch of them off your hands if you give me a deal on them" to which he said 'Sure - I'll give you a deal....' I went and loaded 5 bags into the cart and went up to the checkout not knowing exactly what I would be paying...... the 'cool looking guy' came over and scanned them in and gave me an adjustment..... 50% off the CLEARANCE price to $1.90 per bag!!!! So --- 60# of charcoal for $10!!!!! Can't complain about that one bit! I gave three to my neighbor and kept the other two ---- that brought my stash of coal to just over 80# - I figured thats enough for me.

Those bags were actually a pretty good deal at $3.80 a bag comparatively (4x12#=48# for $16), but by just asking a simple question got me another 50% off for a KILLER deal!!!!!!
Don't be afraid to ask for a discount if they are clearancing things --- the worst that can happen is they say no.

Last edited:

Back