CharlottenSteak..

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Well i dont really know what cut this is. The untrimmed in the counter looked just like an tri tip. But i took this one couse of the marbling.Was really exited when i saw this one.

Lets move on and i guide you thru it.

The meat pre salted(added some montreal steak before the grill),and some serving portions of potato au gratin.

Set the grill @ 400f to start baking the gratin. Added the meat after 20 min. I thought that a hot and fast wasent going to hurt a peice of meat like this. I closed the vents a bit when the meat was added. Looked after 20 mins and it was past medium
icon_rolleyes.gif
(and the dome held a steady 400f)

Took of the meat and let it rest in the cold(to minimise the rise) When the inner temp started loosing a few F i gave it a 1+1 min sear.

To all meat lovers dont watch this!

I warned you dont look!

A well! Way past the medium i was looking for. Excuse me i feel like crying atm.

Still have to eat. Served with a mustard sauce,gratin and a feta salad.(newcastle brown to drink). Still really juicy and good, But FAR from what it could have been.

Lesson lerned...Never EVER cook a quality peice of meat indirect on HH.(without a termometer) But im on a roll here ppl. 2 Bad cooks in a row..# three is comming,i will fire up the grill once this is posted.
icon_wink.gif

Wish me luck!
icon_smile.gif

Daniel, don't sell yourself short..What you call a bad cook looks excellent to me! Sure, maybe cooked a bit more than you would like, but I bet it was still delicious! Excellent cook and photos!

It might be a tad overcooked but as long as its still tender and juicy who cares. I would have no problem with it. The potatoes and salad look awesome too.

Daniel...you messed up!
icon_eek.gif
After continually showing us up with all those great cooks, it's nice to know you're human!

Daniel, don't sell yourself short..

There are people out there that like their steaks medium - medium well.

I think it looks great and I am seeing some pink in the center so I'm thinking it's a good cook.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The untrimmed in the counter looked just like an tri tip. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Seems right.
We all have high expectations here, but don't beat yourself up about the overgrill. Just slice thinner... besides its just food. We eat our mistakes!
Best to you and Emilie and the boys. - G

Thanks for the support ppl! I need it after this cook! Was going to cook yesterday...but a few friends heading to the Sweden rock Festival:
bigpost120507.jpg

I wasent late to jump that train. Tonight it will be some pork belly with sides.

About the sauce Brian: This one was store bought. But if you dont mind a "tangy" sauce try this:

Mustard Vinegar Sauce

1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup Yellow mustard
1/4 cup onion finely minced
2 cloves garlic pureed
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

Combine ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

For a smoother sauce, blend on high for a few minutes.

Daniel,I don't know what you are talking about. That food looks great!
And I wish we got festivals like that around here! All I have to say to that line up is HOLY WOW!

Back