charcoal scoop

Originally posted by Bob Correll:
Not a scoop, but the Kingsford Kaddy works well for me.
Home Depot did carry them, not sure if they still do.
KingsfordCharcoalKaddy_l.jpg

I tried one of those. Target sells them as well. Only problem is that they aren't UV resistant; mine turned to dust.

Now I just pour from the bag or wear a disposable glove.

The $3.99 feed scoop I picked up at Tractor Supply works great. One full scoop fills one of the fuel baskets perfectly.

No fuss, no muss.
icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Regina S:
Justin, your little puppy thought it smelled good,hoping ther was a big steak hidden in there...
icon_smile.gif

Haha. Well he sure look hard for it. The funniest part of the picture is the top right corner. The older (ie smarter) dog knows somebody's in trouble and is staying out of harms way while the 6 month old pup is sitting right in front of his mess like he is proud of it. Puppies are so funny.

I use one of the Kingsford caddies but the solid black ones. I have left it outside in downpours and the charcoal stayed dry. Pours real easy into a chimney.

Originally posted by Justin W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:

This worked great for me till we got a puppy and this happened...

imageeom.jpg

By hogsfan at 2011-07-04

Doesn't he look proud of himself? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. Did he eat any coal? Mine always sniffing around for scraps to eat.

I have four of these Rubbermaid Roughneck containers I got from home depot.
Rubbermaid Containers

The stack nicely. I have 2 filled with charcoal bags and my chimney. The other 2 have wood chunks, grill covers etc. I leave them out in the snow and rain all year uncovered and have no issues with wet charcoal.

My dog is always after pieces of charcoal.
While I don't give him any, he manages to find some.
I am not an expert on dogs, but I think it aids in their digetion. I don't think he would eat it if it was poison. Oh wait, he eats cat poop and rocks.. Maybe he's not as smart as I thoght!
I was thining a rubbermaid trash can would work great. They even make carts with wheels, (dollies) for them. I could store all kinds of stuff inside of one and never get wet.

Originally posted by Wayne_R:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Justin W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:

This worked great for me till we got a puppy and this happened...

imageeom.jpg

By hogsfan at 2011-07-04

Doesn't he look proud of himself? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. Did he eat any coal? Mine always sniffing around for scraps to eat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably. He still finds charcoal here and there and chews it up. Not sure where he is getting it.

Back