3T Butter
1/2C Table Cream (18%)
1/4C Sour Cream
1/4C Grated Parmesean Cheese
2 Cloves Mashed Garlic
White Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Cedar plank soaked for a couple of hours

Prep and boil potatoes for mashing, the whites seem to take about 15 - 20 minutes longer than the sweet to be soft enough.

Mash everything together, adjust salt and white pepper levels. Arrange on the cedar plank, try to stay at least 1/2" from the edges if they are piled more than an inch deep on the plank (when cooking they can spread some and overhang the plank edge).

Top with some grated parmesean cheese and/or green onions, chives, paprika, fresh cilantro or parsley. In the pics below I textured the top and sides with a butter spreader and applied some fresh chopped cilantro.

Grill at least 30 minutes over medium heat, but grill about an hour to get a real nice potato crust on the outside.

that is quite possibly the most creative dish i? have ever come across. looks good although im skeptical the cedar plank adds that much flavor?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jarrod S.:
that is quite possibly the most creative dish i? have ever come across. looks good although im skeptical the cedar plank adds that much flavor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Wish I could take credit but the recipe was in a BBQ store catalog, but don't let that stop ya from trying it.
icon_biggrin.gif

It's true the cedar flavor doesn't go through and through, but you get quite a bit of cedar flavor on the bottom, just simply from contact with the plank, but when you let the cedar smoke/char some you get it all over the surface as well.

I think what'd be great with this is to use a piping bad and make serving size .... ummm, 'rosettes'? Perhaps about 1C worth each. Wouldn't take as long and they'd plate up real nice.

Oh yeah, this is probably a no brainer but I like to put bacon bits, sour cream and chives/green onions on top after serving as well.

Back