CB Table + The BBQ Hanger on opposite sides?

Louis NYC

TVWBB Member
is it feasible to install the CB side table on the left side and The Unknown BBQ Hanger on the right (grommet) side on the WSM 18?

thinking of ordering both from CB soon..

I have a 22 so not sure about a 18, but for the unknown hanger it just uses an existing hole for the top cooking grate. I have a prep table so I have no use for the side table or knowledge of it.

is it feasible to install the CB side table on the left side and The Unknown BBQ Hanger on the right (grommet) side on the WSM 18?

thinking of ordering both from CB soon..
I have a WSM 22 with the CB side table on the right & the Unknown BBQ Hanger on the left, see photo:

Attachments

• IMG_4286.jpg
    IMG_4286.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 25
I have a WSM 22 with the CB side table on the right & the Unknown BBQ Hanger on the left, see photo:
this is what I want to do, but isn't your rubber grommet on the table side, and isn't the bbq hanger to hang your thermometer? in my head I was going to put the hanger on the grommet side.

does all of this not actually matter

this is what I want to do, but isn't your rubber grommet on the table side, and isn't the bbq hanger to hang your thermometer? in my head I was going to put the hanger on the grommet side.

does all of this not actually matter
MY WSM is a 2012 model, they didn't come with a rubber grommet back then. I have cut a notch on the left side between the BBQ Hanger & the left handle that I have installed. Your proposed method should work, it's just the opposite of my configuration.

WSM before 2014 didn't have the grommet. One of mine does one doesn't. I actually plugged the grommet hole and made the notch to route the wires.

very nice, i plan to have a similar looking setup as you, just flipped since I'm still OK using the grommet (on my right side) and table on the left due to the grommet location.

I see you have a thing to hang those tongs on your side table, what is that?

very nice, i plan to have a similar looking setup as you, just flipped since I'm still OK using the grommet (on my right side) and table on the left due to the grommet location.

I see you have a thing to hang those tongs on your side table, what is that?
I believe the CB side table has a few holes on the side, just place some "S" hooks in & your all set to hang your tools.

IMO the grommet is actually a pita to use not to mention they don't last.
Sounds good!
Before placing the order for both in a second, the hanger on the right "grommet" side and the table on the left "non grommet" side should work, right?

Not that its a top priority, but any chance the OEM WSM 18 cover will still fit over it with the hinge + table installed?

I believe it should work, just make sure to order the 18" CB table.

On my WSM22 with the the hinge & the table the cover wouldn't fit. I use a 26" Kettle cover on my WSM22.

got the side table installed today! build quality was amazing from, Cajun Bandit.

The OEM definitely doesn't fit over the wsm 18 + hinge + side table. I got a classic accesories 22in kettle cover and it fits, couple inches too short, but it covers all the. important bits of the wsm.

Attachments

• 20230402_092121.jpg
    20230402_092121.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230402_092129.jpg
    20230402_092129.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 10

Back